It's true, there’s something romantic about winter. Maybe the cold makes us cuddle more, or creative date ideas allow us to get to know one another better. Here’s our list of where to take that special someone:
- Hyde Park Winter Wonderland resembles a large gift filled with little gifts, one date night filled with little dates. Stroll through the ice kingdom, let aerialists entertain you in the circus, skate along the ice-rink, ride the wheel, and even sneak in some shopping with the Christmas markets. Open November 21st – January 4th.
- Inside and still adventurous, Wilton Music Hall hosts swing dancing (lesson included). No pressure if you or your date feels shy, fellow dancers put on a great show. Who knows, the lively ambience of the world’s oldest surviving Grande Music Hall may inspire you both to join the crowd. If not, maybe the cocktails will!
- Walk to Trafalgar Square with your date and hot cocoa. Closer to the holidays, view the beautiful Christmas tree and decorations, listen to carolers, and simply enjoy each other’s company. Afterwards, visit the popular Christmas lighted streets for the perfect end to the evening.
- Throw your heads back and laugh – purchase tickets to a comedy show. The best part: let the host do the icebreaking if you’re just getting to know someone. With so many different events to choose from, you’re bound to find something hilarious for each of you. Look into venues like the Comedy Store, Union Chapel, and Soho Theatre.
- Have fun and get some exercise in with outdoor ice skating. If you’re not much of a skater, that’s all more reason to hold onto your hot date for balance. The Natural History Museum, Canary Wharf, the Tower of London, and many more fill up their rinks for winter.
- Enjoy afternoon tea together at places such as Kensington Palace or The National Café. The elegant atmosphere paired with the casual time of day makes the best of both worlds. Sandwiches, scones, and cakes have never tasted so good with a little eye candy sitting across the table!
- Set free your inner child and take your date sledding. Hold on to them tight as you soar down snow covered banks – the butterfly feeling in your stomach will potentially come from both your date and the ride. Greenwich Park and Hampstead Heath both have great hills for all levels.
- Let’s not rule out classic evening drinks. London is widely known for its abundance and variety of pubs, stay warm and take advantage! Whether you catch up at a cocktail bar (Callooh Callay is a good one) or historic pub (such as The Star Tavern), your date could go in as many possibilities as the drink menu.
Whether you and your date want a relaxing night or feel a little more energetic, the options are endless. We hope we have inspired you in winter’s dreamier qualities (your date’s, too).